Friday, August 06, 2004

Ethiopian Food

I went to the Selam Ethiopian Restaurant (2115 Broad Street, Regina, Saskatchewan) for lunch on Wednesday with a group of coworkers. It was wonderful! Great atmosphere and food!

I had a beef Sambosa (a crunchy triangular pocket stuffed with a spicy beef mixture) with a fresh salsa-type dip to start, which was fantastic; I could eat an entire meal of Sambosas. Then I had a vegetable Wot (a stew of potatoes, green beans, carrots, and onions), collard greens, and a mild lentil Wot, with Ingera (large steamed pancakes made from Tef). We were also served Ethiopian coffee and buttered popcorn after our main course!

I can't wait to go back!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kim,

If you enjoyed Selam Restaurant, here is a website that has pictures of Ethiopian food and restaurants list in Canada and US.

EthiopianRestaurant.com - Ethiopian Restaurants in Canada

9:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home