Wednesday, June 09, 2004

Thyme Vinaigrette

Morning (breakfast, snack):

  • half decaf coffee*
  • toasted whole wheat bagel with peanut butter
  • two squares of mint chocolate (given to me by Joanne)

Afternoon (lunch, snack):

  • LO Mexican Lasagna (from the freezer; made with a salsa-based sauce and whole wheat tortillas rather than lasagna noodles)
  • skim milk
  • Tim Horton's half decaf coffee*
  • five strawberries with Yoplait "Creme & fruit" strawberry yogurt

Evening (supper, dessert/snack): at Laurel's

  • homemade hamburgers (grilled on the BBQ) with marble cheese, ketchup, and mustard, on a (partly) whole wheat bun
  • Steamed Cauliflower with Thyme Vinaigrette (p. 40, Canadian Living's Best Vegetables)
  • French fries (baked)
  • a bit of canned fruit cocktail
  • two scoops of Breyer's 98% fat free vanilla frozen dessert with homemade wild blueberry sauce (I had said this frozen dessert was destined only to be used in smoothies, but I guess it's okay when smothered with something that's really delicious!)
    I'm quite choosy about yogurts, especially flavoured ones. I don't care for the non-fat yogurts, yet I try to stay away from the higher fat ones, and most brands put way too much fruit/sugar in the cup--you can't even taste the yogurt! The new Yoplait "Delicieux" 2.5% I tried yesterday was not bad, and this new Yoplait "Creme & fruit" 1.9% is okay as well. I hadn't purchased any flavoured yogurt for several weeks now, but I had been buying Danone "Creamy" (2% I think) almost exclusively; I generally regret it when I buy any other kind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home